It’s hard to believe 6 months have (almost) passed since we hit the road on April 1st. Proof that time does fly when you’re having fun!
I have to say, the freedom of not having a schedule is pretty darn awesome. And no alarm in the mornings! I’ve never slept better. If you get a chance, do it!
Lessons learned along the way (my $.02):
- I really don’t need a lot of stuff (although I did miss my shoes), but experiences are worth so much more
- It’s not where you go, but who you’re with – and Martin is seriously the best partner ever!
- Proper gear is critical – Mother Nature can be very temperamental, so be prepared!
- There is an amazingly large population of people making travel a lifestyle – it’s so cool to share that bond and experience and make new friends
- It’s not cheap to be vagabond – more $ than we thought. I have a lot of advice re: budgeting for this lifestyle for anyone who’s interested!
- Privacy is overrated (it wasn’t that bad), but a little more space would be nice…
- That being said, I do LOVE the BAMF! Best. Purchase. Ever.
On this side of it, I wouldn’t change a thing. The trip was inspiring, enlightening, and rewarding for me in so many ways. It makes me want to keep going and see more, more, more. I can’t wait for the next adventure! South America…?
But until then, I look forward to catching up with friends and family and re-engaging in the real world. Catch me up on all the gossip, please!
Blog feedback: this was my first attempt at a travel blog and I hope to create more in the future. I’d love to know any/all feedback re: what you liked & didn’t like about the content, format, accessibility, photos, engagement, etc. I welcome your thoughts. It’ll make my next blog so much better!
Thank you for following this crazy journey with us… xoxo